Monday 11 January 2010

Redesigning website continues...

I am changing the design of the website so that it has a fresh, new look to it. It still keeps its knit4dolls banner, and banners for Bratz, Barbie, Action Man and HM Armed Forces. But a lot of other things are going. These things tend to slow down the loadtime of the page and Google doesn't like visitors having to wait too long!

There are several other things that need doing as I work my way through the site. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the buzz phrase at the moment. It means that, without good SEO, a site will very likely not appear on Google searches. And as this is how most people find things on the internet, it is important to try and get it right. Google doesn't like broken links either, and I've corrected a couple of those.

And I'm learning more and more about 'keywords', good ones and where to put them. From an SEO point of view, there is a world of difference between 'knitting patterns for barbie' and 'barbie knitting patterns'. Who'd have thought it!

Well... I'd best get back to changing yet another page...

No comments:

Post a Comment